- Class VII Baskets, Division A Traditional, First Place: Theresa Secord, Penobscot, “Sweetgrass Flat Basket”
- Class VII Baskets, Division A Traditional, Second Place: Jeremy Frey, Passamaquoddy, “Pointed Urchin Basket”
- Class VII Baskets, Division A Traditional, Honorable Mention: Frances Frey-Tomah, Passamaquoddy, “Drum Purse”
- Class VII Baskets, Division B Non-Traditional, Honorable Mention: Jeremy Frey, Passamaquoddy, “Basket Interrupted”
Interested in learning about other news and events? Each month, we try to compile articles and events that might interest our members and friends. We link to them in these blog posts, as well as on our Facebook page.
Maine Tribes Propose and Beano Expansion, read and listen on MPBN.net
Truth & Reconciliation: Part I, on read and watch on WABI
Wabanaki Truth & Reconciliation Commisioners sworn in; prepare to begin learning, healing ; read the article, and view photos and video clips on the Bangor Daily News
ICTJ: International Experts Gathered in New York to Explore Access to Justice for Indigenous Peoples, on timesunion.com
Maine Department of Marine Resources proposes 100 elver licenses for Four Maine Indian Tribes in the Bangor Daily News
View recent additions to the Abbe Museum's collections, including a beautiful birchbark basket by David Moses Bridges.
Did you miss the NMAI's recent symposium on Racist Stereotypes and Cultural Appropriation in American Sports? If so, we encourage you to watch the video's archived on the SmithsonianNMAI youtube channel.
- July 6 : Native American Festival and Basketmakers Market
- July 17: The Abbe Museum's Gathering Gala