Why choose a Gift Membership to the Abbe Museum?
Abbe Gift Memberships are the gift that gives twice—a gift for a friend, and a gift to the Abbe. A membership to the Abbe Museum is a tax-deductible contribution that supports the work of the museum, but also gives special benefits to the new member, such as free admission, discounts in the Abbe Shop, and reduced fees for special programs and events.
Gift Giving Ideas! Membership is perfect for...
· Students($20) who might be interested in using the Abbe Museum’s research library, or reading in our cozy Membership Lounge with WiFi.
· Individuals ($40) who have it all, or want fewer “things.”
· Households ($65) who enjoy visiting the Abbe for rainy days or year-round family activities and programs.
· Travelers and museum-lovers, who join at the Sweetgrass ($125) Level to enjoy reciprocal membership benefits at hundreds of museums across the United States and Canada through the NARM program.
· Life-long learners, who become members at the Birchbark ($300), Brown Ash ($500), and Quillwork ($1500) Levels enjoy additional benefits, such as a subscription to Native Peoples Magazine, and much more.
How it works:
To give a gift membership, simply select the level of Abbe Museum Membership that you would like to purchase, and a Guest Services Associate will provide you with a short form to complete. We’ll also give you a handsome folder filled with Abbe Museum info—Perfect for wrapping! No time to stop by? Call 207.288.3519 or email astra -at- abbemuseum.org and we'll walk you through the steps.
Did you know...
You can also make a donation in honor of someone special? If you wish, we are happy to send them a card with our thanks. All donations support the mission of the Abbe Museum — to inspire new learning about the Wabanaki Nations with every visit.