|Crafts and fun at the 2010 Holiday Open House.|
Off the Rez which will begin at 7:00.
- MIBA Events Next Up: Annual Maine Indian Basketmakers Sale and Demonstration at the Hudson Museum, Collins Center for the Arts December 10, 2011 9:00 - 4:00
- Leon Sockbeson II, whose work is currently featured in Twisted Path II, recently placed #11 in a national contest in which over 600 gown designs were submitted to Adrianna Pappell. This placement qualifies Leon’s design for the second round of the competition; a judging panel will select and produce 5 dresses for another round of voting. Visit http://eandadriannapapellpromotion.com/contest/ for more information on the contest, or to be involved in the next round of voting.
- Read the recent review of Twisted Path II by Rob Levin of the Mount Desert Islander
- A Boston Globe Travel article featuring the Acadia Region had some lovely comments about the Abbe Museum. Read it here.
- "Many Hands: Wabanaki Paths of Learning," is an art exhibition currently on display at University of Southern Maine (Woodbury Campus Center), Portland through Dec. 16. Click here to read about the opening.
- "Tribes in Maine, U.S., look beyond casinos for business" in the Portland Press Herald
- "Passamaquoddy Tribe to create water bottling facility" in the Bangor Daily News
- "Passamaquoddy Teacher Shares Inspiration with Students" in the Morning Sentinel
- "Weaving history and heritage into an art form" in the Boston Globe (please note the Basketmakers Market is on Dec. 10, not Dec. 1)
- "Andrew Sockalexis won Bangor's Thanksgiving Race a century ago" in the Bangor Daily News
- "Mi'kmaq preschoolers get a head start" CBCNews Video